his year, Smeg continues its partnership with Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana, who are possibly two of the most eccentric fashion designers around. In 2016, Smeg and Dolce&Gabbana brought out fridges in traditional Sicilian patterns; this year, they launched Sicily is my Love at the Salone del Mobile, Milan. Sicily is my Love is a line of kitchen appliances which includes toaster, juicer, coffee maker and kettle, decorated in lemons, prickly pears, Grecian temples and images of Mount Etna.
- What is it? Sicily is my Love by Dolce&Gabbana for Smeg, is a new line of kitchen appliances.
- What is special about it? A clear reference to southern Italy, Sicily is my Love is a colourful line of kitchen appliances decorated in traditional Sicilian motifs. This line of household appliances includes: toaster, juicer, citrus squeezer, coffee makers, pasta maker, juicer and kettle.
- How is it made? Smeg is best-known for its cutting edge technology, while Dolce&Gabbana adds its signature colourful style (from gold to ruby red) and traditional decors found on Sicilian carts: lemons, citrus fruits, prickly pears and cherries. In addition to traditional figurines, we have floral patterns, images of Mount Etna, ruins of the temples of Castore and Polluce, geometric patterns and acanthus leaves.
- Who is it by? Renowned high-fashion label Dolce&Gabbana, continues a partnership, started last year, with Smeg, a leading manufacturer in the field of household appliances. Sicily is my Love clearly references southern Italy, a land which has often inspired this iconic design duo, who in 2016 turned 100 fridges ito real works of art.
- We have chosen it because… Traditional Sicilian dishes, local flavours and scents... enough to make your mouth water. Without a doubt, Sicily is my Love by Dolce&Gabbana for Smeg will add a vibrant touch to your kitchen, bringing to you all the tastes and flavours of the island of Sicily (even if you’re preparing a light snack).