omi, the interior lifestyle fair, opens its doors today the 12th September 2015 and will run until the 15th of the same month. Housed in the Rho Fiera complex in Milan, Homi aims at having a dialogue about the newest trends in home decorating. This year, the focus falls on food; this is in perfect harmony with Expo 2015. In fact, Homi Food is the great novelty of this edition. Homi Food is namely the event where agricultural products are shown in all their glory and become veritable designer pieces, which can be displayed or given as presents. However, the magic doesn’t stop here. Would you like to learn about everything Homi 2015 has to offer? If so, make a note of these pointers:
1. Must-have pieces for a truly original tablescape
- Classic tableware takes centre stage. Tablescapes inspired by times gone by are fashionable once again; this can include anything from extra-fine china to crystal wine classes. Tablescapes can also be personalised with stylized prints and bold colours. These are the key trends suggested by Anna Del Gatto in La Magnifica Forma. La Magnifica Forma is a journey through time, which will take you around seven different banquets and lavish tables: from Ancient Rome to Medieval Times, from Renaissance to the Baroque period, from Futurism to Rationalism. A lot of new ideas to copy and to make your own.
- Kitchen utensils, they must be bold in colour and displayed on the table. Enjoy the Table is your event, if you are looking for exciting new ideas for parties, celebrating traditions, personal wellbeing and enjoying street food. The right accessories for every occasion; this year they are ergonomic, bright and full of charm.
2. Key trends in home decorating
- Green light for vintage prints. This trend is inspired by the past: delicate nuances, extra light fabrics, natural materials and traditional prints in matching tones. “Paired down elegance” is the key word this year. However, feel free to add runners, tea-towels and sheets in glistening and mesmerizing tones.
- Wallpaper is back. In the last couple of years, we have rediscovered the appeal of wallpaper and have brought it back with vengeance. Now it’s the right time to start using wallpaper like a real accessory; it can complement fabrics and decorations, helping to find your original voice. Just like the many pieces on show, walls have a story to tell: different spaces evoke different emotions, feelings, tastes and private passions.
3. Tricks of the trade for a serene space
- A fragrant home. Soothing fragrances, delicate scents and home accessories: all this for your wellbeing. If this is your thing, Homi has a special section you: Homi Wellness 2015. Here, you’ll find exactly what you need to create a serene and calming space, where personal wellbeing is paramount.
- A green stress-free corner. Homi Outdoor 2015 focuses on outdoor living, be it a garden, a roof-terrace or a little courtyard. This is where you’ll find a variety of different products, small accessories and design ideas to transform your little patch of green into a safe haven, where you can hide away for the stress of modern living.