ithout a doubt, growing up most of you would have played at least a round of table-tennis. And perhaps, there’s still an old foldable table somewhere in your garage, which you occasionally bring out when it’s sunny. So, if you’d still like to play a game of table-tennis, why not do it with class: with the incredible new ping-pong table designed by Ron Arad. Convex, concentric, one-of-a-kind. For endless games of table-tennis.
- What is it? 10 Layers by Gruppo Cosentino is a one-of-a-kind ping-pong table.
- What is special about it? 10 Layers is convex in the centre, designed with concentric circles and made from special Silestone® quartz. This one-of-a-kind, ground breaking table-tennis table has an exclusive style as a well as a special convex top, especially designed to reduce the speed of the game, turning this game into a completely new experience.
- How is it made? The frame is in stainless steel and bronze, top is in Silestone® quartz with a lengthwise curve. Stratified stone and CNC milling are used to create a layered concave surface (convex in the centre of the table) in 10 different shades. The table is made using 10 Layers of Silestone® in four different colours: Iconic White (pure-white), Kensho (light-grey), Cemento Spa (dark-grey) and Negro Tebas (black).
- Who is it by? For over 25 years, the Israeli architect and designer Ron Arad has been working to blend the boundaries between contemporary art and industrial design. Metal is one of his favourite materials, in fact Ron often tries out new silhouettes in metal which he then translates to other materials.
- We have chosen it because… Table-tennis is a timeless game and its appeal never fades. Plus, if your table is a work of art such as this, you can continue enjoying your game for as long as you want (essentially because the convex top is designed so as to reduce the speed of the game). One last thing is left to say: let the game begin!