appy Birthday to Add-On by Tubes. 10 years ago, Add-On changed for ever how we heat our homes. And how you may ask? It has a flexible modular structure; this allows extra units to be added on to suit endless needs and space requirements. And with what result? A chameleon-like radiator, which is also part of the permanent collection at the Centre Pompidou in Paris.
- What is it? Add-On by Tubes is a modular radiator.
- What is special about it? Add-On can be customized to a great degree, individual units can be assembled in a variety of different ways to suit various needs and space requirements. This radiator can be assembled like a puzzle (it can be either wall-mounted or mounted intra-wall, the latter becomes in effect an integral part of any interior) and brings a touch of elegance to any space. What's more, it received the 2008 Red Dot Design Award.
- How is it made? It's designed around a 12x24 cm module, customers can join two or more units together in a variety of different ways. It can cover an entire wall and if used in its intra-wall version, it doubles up as a heated partition.
- Who is it by? Satyendra Pakhalé is an Indian industrial designer, who lives and works in Amsterdam. Pakhalé is an internationally acclaimed designer, he has worked in partnership with some of the key brands around. What's more, his work has even been acknowledged by several famous international design museums. His designs are fresh and draw from a variety of different cultural references; this results in aesthetically pleasing pieces which are also bold and unconventional.
- We have chosen it because… We like to play with “building blocks” and assemble two or more units together to give life to our favourite radiator. Add-On is a touch of genius that is sure to become a focus point on any wall.