educe, reuse, recycle. A new project in 2020 from Arper, the designer brand that has always been attentive to sustainability, comes from this dictate. Its name is Adell and it is a sustainable armchair that has been dedicated to nature by Studio Lievore + Altherr Désile Park. Enveloping and reassuring, it plays with organic forms and textures that recall the natural elements, and it gives us a complete sense of wellbeing that is to be experienced in and outside the home.
- What it is Adell by Arper, the new eco-sustainable armchair.
- What makes it special It is an armchair that highlights sustainability and expands comfort to the benefit of the body, spirit and environment. Solid and light, it recalls the stylistic features of nature in order to ensure us of total wellness.
- How it is made It has an 80% recycled polypropylene shell and enveloping, soft and light lines. Designed to fit various contexts (from the home living room to the lounge areas of waiting rooms and to outdoor spaces), it can be completely upholstered or decorated by a light texture in polypropylene to which it is possible to pair a firm cushion, a removable upholstered cushion or a soft cover for the whole front part of the shell. It is available with metal legs, in wood or with metal glider legs.
- Whose idea it is Lievore + Altherr Désile Park, the design studio born of a collaboration between two studios: Lievore and Altherr Désile. The group’s design philosophy is based on a holistic and multidisciplinary approach that not only includes design and product development, but also strategic consultancy, creative and artistic direction and the design of spaces for international design companies. Lievore + Altherr Désile Park’s design is characterized by a fusion of humanism and a search for minimalism, together with a marked sensibility for harmony and balance.
- We chose it because… Smooth like a bowl, delicate and enveloping like a nest, this armchair evokes the elements of nature (the form is organic, while the finish recalls concentric tree rings) and immediately creates a soothing and relaxing atmosphere. And it also takes care of the environment because it is made out of 80% recycled polypropylene and was designed to reduce waste and refuse in the environment.