f German architect Mies Van der Roge’s famous saying, “Less is more” were represented by a valet stand, it would be Aero V—recent winner of the Interior Design Magazine Best of Year 2019 award. Let’s find out who and what is behind its design.
- What it is Aero V is the new multifunctional coat rack/valet stand from Living Divani’s Aero collection (which also includes bookshelves and a bar cabinet).
- What makes it special Aero V stands out for its refined work of subtraction and absence of the superfluous both in form and materials. The sharpness of its lines and perfectly minimal form respond to the functionality of its use with the impeccable elegance of understated luxury.
- How it is made In order to obtain both a solid and light effect Aero V’s designers looked to aerospace technology. The shelves were made in solid beech wood and board honeycomb, while the structure’s slender posts (Ø 22 mm) are in painted steel with epoxy powder coating. Two depths for the bottom shelves (36 or 56 cm) are available with two finishes and shelf colors. The hangers made for the rack are hung on a steel ring and connected together by a band of leather.
- Whose idea it is Aero is a project by Shibuleru, the design studio founded in 2010 by Lukas Scherrer in San Francisco. The name of the studio comes from the phonetic distortion of the German word “Schiebelehre”, meaning calipers, the high-precision measuring tool fundamental in the projects calculated by Shibuleru. Chosen as one of the 75 most influential designers in technology, his works have won numerous international awards.
- We chose it because… A discrete, elegant and almost immaterial “butler”, it is a true cure-all for the home. It prevents that annoying habit of shoes left at the door, a bag left tossed onto the furniture, clothes thrown on a chair; all without requiring the effort (impossible on some evenings) of opening the closet door or the shoe rack. It lets us wake up with everything in perfect order so we can start the new day in complete serenity.