very ambience needs the right type of lighting. And with Alba by Oluce, a contemporary lamp series with minimal aesthetics, every corner becomes instantly more welcoming (when the light is switched off too).
- What is it? Alba by Oluce is a lamp is glass and metal, various styles available.
- What is special about it? Simple, geometric, although it has a dramatic silhouette. Its squashed sphere-shaped lampshade appears to be floating in mind air, similarly to a drop of water or a dew drop on a leaf.
- How is it made? Alba is a part of a family of lamps with metal structure (base or stem) and bead-shaped lampshade in glossy opal blown glass. Available as a floor lamp, pendant lamp, wall-mounted lamp and table lamp.
- Who is it by? The young Venezuelan designer Mariana Pellegrino Soto is a graduate from the IED (European Institute of Design) in Rome. Alba is the result of a university project: analysing a drop of water.
- We have chosen it because... Alba is a lamp with a delicate silhouette, as well as extremely evocative; this is all down it to its stylized geometry that was inspired by analysing a drop of water, and that adds a poetic touch.