lcantara Wood is warm like timber and soft like Alcantara. Alcantara Wood, by Nendo, is a true genius. In fact, it’s an extremely unique material with exciting tactile qualities; we can assure you you’ll go absolutely bonkers for it. Alcantara Wood adds a sensual and refined touch to any interior and it can also be stroked time and time again.
- What is it? Alcantara Wood is an unconventional new material, inspired by the material qualities of wood. It’s made from layering various sheets of Alcantara one on top of the other.
- What is special about it? Alcantara Wood adds to any interior the same warmth and lived in look of timber and also a softness which is absolutely out of this world. In fact, Alcantara Wood has the same material qualities of timber: it can be cut in the same way, it has the same type of veining, however the only difference is that it’s a lot softer.
- How is it made? Alcantara Wood is made by layering different sheets of Alcantara one on top of the other; sheets are in different colours and can be easily fitted together and cut lengthwise. In fact, Alcantara can be cut using a saw and doesn’t fray. Alcantara Wood has the same handcrafted qualities of joiner-made inlays, however the only difference is that it’s a lot softer.
- Who is it by? Nendo is a Japanese designer, who starts every new project with a typical Japanese composure, a sense for the proportions and an eye for colours. This pushes him to research new ideas and come up with unconventional materials. All of his projects are somewhat poetical and awake all senses.
- We have chosen it because… Alacantara Wood has a natural and sophisticated aesthetic; it has the ability to transform any piece into a true sensorial experience. Use Alcantara Wood to clad tables, chairs or even walls. Its veining has an ultra-soft surface for unending delight; it’s both a pleasure to look at and to feel.