he soft patting of rain, the light flow of rivulets over then skin—each drop caresses you with wellness. From these ‘sensations’ comes antoniolupi’s unique showerhead design. It is an homage to Nature and the desire to bring it ‘intact’ into the intimacy of one’s own bathroom. This organic mood is increasingly winning over consumer attention. It is in contrast with exasperating contemporary technology, as one yearns for a suspended, regenerative and evocative dimension.
- What it is Raindrop by antoniolupi is a ceiling-integrated showerhead with a refined, emotional and exclusive design that gets its idea of beauty from the observation of rain.
- What makes it special It is a showerhead that reproduces the effect generated by a raindrop hitting the surface of water, making ripples. The delicate concentric circles that develop after the impact create a succession of three-dimensional images on the ceiling. It provides natural decoration, enveloping the encased showerhead.
- How it is made Raindrop is made in Flumood and meant to be perfectly integrated with the ceiling, even from a chromatic point of view, giving an expected three-dimensionality to the shower.
- Whose idea it is Raindrop comes from the design and creative abilities of Fabio Calvi and Paolo Brambilla. Both of them studied architecture in Milan with further studies in London (Fabio Calvi) and Barcelona (Paolo Brambilla). After previous collaborations with Gianfranco Frattini and Ferruccio Laviani, they opened their own Studio Calvi Brambilla in 2004.
- We chose it because it is perfect in its formal purity. There is no creative virtuosity. One can perceive the wonder and amazement that only Nature and its mysterious laws know how to generate in those, like the designer, who have the ability to observe and engage in the difficult task of evoking its beauty.