ltra-soft cushions, covered by a filmy canopy. We have just spotted them at IMM Cologne 2018 and we got it right away; this is our summer sofa! Because, it turns any outdoor space into the ideal oasis.
- What is it? Apsara by Giorgetti is the outdoors sofa with an integrated canopy.
- What is special about it? It feels like a real oasis. A modular ultra-soft sofa with an integrated canopy is perfect for turning your summer-time breaks into a dream holiday (even in the city).
- How is it made? Versatile and modular, it has a platform base in carob-coloured aluminium with slats in afrormosia wood, available in two different sizes (classical or extra-large). Waterproof cushions form seat and backrest and can be arranged to suit personal taste. In addition, the sofa is available with matching round, square or rectangular tables.
- Who is it made? Ludovica+Roberto Palomba, one of the most famous design duo on the Italian design scene: they live and work in Milan, where in 1994 they started Studio Palomba Serafini Associati. In time, their clean aesthetic with a distinct feminine touch has gained international acclaim, winning several coveted awards such as the Compasso D’Oro award.
- We have chosen it because… Imagine to be in the open air, lying under a filmy canopy amidst soft cushions; this makes us feel as seasoned travellers. With a sofa such as this, you can turn even your roof terrace into an exclusive hideaway.