t’s time to take a break after this year’s hectic Salone del Mobile. We have picked Antonio Citterio’s new sofa: because it’s elegance and versatility suit any type of decor.
- What is it? Atoll by B&B Italia is the brand’s latest collection of modular seating.
- What is special about it? It epitomises contemporary elegance, going beyond current fads and fashions becoming a truly timeless piece. This collection is inspired by the aesthetics of times gone by (inspiration comes from rationalist design and the great names of the twentieth century), yet it’s such a modern piece, epitomizing personal relaxation.
- How is it made? This modular seating series is based on the repetition of three different units that are in turn assembled with armrests and backrests: single-shell sofa, daybed, corner sofas, freestanding versions or modular sofas with chaise longues and ottomans. The structures have light and thin lines and are applied on high supports in die-casting with metal profiles. Two finishes are available: pewter and black chrome. In addition, there is the roller cushion in two sizes - 65 and 90 cm - to be attached with leather straps to the die-cast structure.
- Who is it by? Antonio Citterio, architect and designer born in Meda in 1950, who in a short time has become one of the most important figures in the world of contemporary design. His career is studded with important collaborations with the best brands in the industry, prestigious awards - including two Compasso d'Oro and exhibitions in the most important in the world, from MoMA in New York to the Centre Pompidou in Paris. Considered the "gentleman of design", he always has an elegant and gentle vision of objects and space and focuses on a concrete design, but with a timeless allure.
- We have chosen it because... It meets our dreams of relaxation, it adapts to any of our desire for comfort and style and it gives us a customised living room that knows how to be discreet, sophisticated and impeccable at the same time. With a perfect contemporary mood that knows how to go beyond the fashions of the moment and is always trendy.