ight, enveloping, eco-friendly: here are three words that describe this must-have chair for both the indoors and outdoors. Made entirely of 100% recycled and recyclable polypropylene, the latest arrival at Magis is the perfect synthesis of high-quality design that is good both for style and the environment.
- What it is Bell Chair by Magis, the recycled and recyclable plastic chair.
- What makes it special It is an enveloping, chic, eco-friendly and extremely light chair. Less material was used compared to traditional plastic chairs in the process of making it (it’s completely recycled and recyclable), with a subsequent reduction in energy consumption during the production process as well.
- How it is made It’s made entirely in 100% recycled and recyclable polypropylene—a patented material obtained from the waste generated from the brand’s furniture production and from the local car industry. Cheap, versatile and sustainable, Bell Chair weighs just 2.7 kg (a kilo and a half less compared to your average plastic chair). In order to reduce clutter and material, it also comes with a specially designed reusable pallet which is able to hold up to 24 stacked chairs.
- Whose idea it is Konstantin Grcic, the German designer with a woodworker’s background—he trained at the John Makepeace School for Craftsmen in Wood before studying Design at the Royal College of Art in London. His studio "Konstantin Grcic Design", founded in Munich in 1991, has an office in Berlin and is active in various sectors that range from industrial design, art shows and architectural projects. Many of his projects have received prestigious awards, including the ADI Compasso d'Oro, and can be found in design museums throughout the world.
- We chose it because… It is embracing like a nest, light like a butterfly, and has a “carefree” design that makes it perfect for any situation. But most of all, it is an object, with its patented recycled and recyclable material, concerned with safeguarding the environment.
BROWSE THE GALLERY