his unique period has reawakened our desire for the home, relaxation and comfort. That’s why Pedrali wanted to introduce an even cozier variant of its Blume chair designed by Sebastian Herkner at the Supersalone of Salone del Mobile.Milano 2021. This new release is an invitation to relaxation. In fact, Blume incorporates the collection’s usual soft and rounded form, but adds the comfort of armrests and also a lounge version.
- What it is Blume by Pedrali, the new aluminum and fabric chair.
- What makes it special Charming with a vaguely retro look, yet super-contemporary and capable of moving beyond trends, this chair goes for impeccable style and a structure that mixes lightness, durability and sustainability.
- How it is made The flower-shaped extruded aluminum profile offers an unmistakable and romantic touch to the seating. The enveloping curve of the armrests is skillfully modelled to provide continuity to the seven-petal section, while the attachment without visible screws highlights the formal elegance which sets the entire collection apart. The seat and backrest’s polyurethane foam padding (with a polypropylene core) enhances this concept of relaxation, making the seat even more comfortable. Built to be long-lasting, this chair can be stacked and, thanks to a steel element under the seat, can be easily disassembled to sustainably dispose of all its components at the end of their life cycle. It is available in gray, black, brass or bronze with fabric upholstery.
- Whose idea it is Sebastian Herkner, the German designer born in 1981. Always interested in materials, textures and structures, he focuses on the design of objects and furniture in a blend of cultures, cutting-edge technology and artisanal traditions. His modus operandi aims to highlight the multifaceted beauty of materials, while focusing on details.
- We chose it because… Soft, enveloping and refined, Blume is emblematic of the latest in domestic wellness, but it is also perfect in lounge spaces and restaurants. It knows how to interpret the many nuances of comfort with style and practicality.
BROWSE THE GALLERY