t the 2018 Salone del Mobile, we noticed an abundance of new products... tables especially. Canal designed by Patricia Urquiola for Riva 1920 is a striking example, it has a central compartment for flowers, plants, accessories and nibbles. So, you can share quality design with friends.
- What is it? Canal by Riva 1920, the wooden table with a central compartment.
- We have chosen it because? The table has a central compartment in iron, fitted with a several space organisers, in which you can grow plants and flowers as well as placing nibbles. Sleek yet original, practical and eye-catching.
- How is it made? Canal is in solid wood with a slatted top, square sides and intersecting legs. There’s a central compartment too, fitted with several wooden space organisers and trays. Canal is treated in an oil/ natural wax finish with pine extracts.
- Who is it by? The Spanish designer Patricia Urquiola now lives and works in the city of Milan and is well-known for her evocative design style. Her understated style has a unique feminine touch, clearly illustrating her passion for design. Patricia’s design style looks to the future, is constantly evolving and always ready to throw herself in the mix, because “to experiment means to make mistakes and try again and every present moment holds something for the future”.
- We have chosen it because… Canal is strong, imposing, sharp, yet it’s poetic undertone makes it light and dynamic too. Inspired by a canteen table, Canal has been especially designed for a convivial life: with its central compartment fitted with several space organizers, everyday life becomes a time to be shared with family and friends.