ost-industrial elegance and references to the organic world of nature. This is, in short, the soul that characterizes the ceramic series Viu by Duravit, which gets paired with the new XViu collection of furniture and bathtubs. It is a logical extension that completes a truly interesting series with regards to design research.
The beauty is expressed in the balanced use of different finishes and materials that get combined, creating a variety of aesthetic solutions capable of satisfying every need of customization in the bathroom.
- What it is With XViu, the Viu collection by Duravit—a series in ceramic that is characterized by the use of c-bonded technology allowing the creation of washbasins with perfectly parallel lines, while curves delicately appear inside, as if they were carved out by the water—gets completed by furniture and bathtubs, playing with the combination of ceramic, glass, metal, wood and glossy or matte lacquering.
- How it is made Washbasin solutions are available in widths from 450 to 1200 mm. The details are what define the uniqueness of the series: like the horizontal overflow that accentuates the horizontality of the basin itself or the metal V-shaped profiles that make the composition dynamic. Attention to details during the design phase allows for the hiding of fixing structures, cables and connecting hoses, so the design comes out clean and austere, taking advantage of ton sur ton or contrasting solutions. The mirrors and mirror cabinets take on the forms of the collection thanks to the lateral profiles, in addition to offering icon control technology for a convenient dimmable light. The alternatives for the washbasin are with a console, built-in washbasin or above counter washbasin and matching vanity unit with pull-out compartment or two drawers.
- Special note must be given to the XViu bathtub. It is to be positioned in the center of the room while it rests on a metal structure with the familiar V-shaped profile, which is one of the tropes of the collection. The external profiles are perpendicular and perfectly linear while the tub takes on an organic, soft and enveloping form.
- What makes it special It is a balanced and harmonious synthesis between functional and aesthetic needs. Every single detail has been studied to perfection and semantically contributes to articulate the entire collection.
- Whose idea it is The design’s collection is by the award-winning Studio Sieger Design. Over the years, it has revolutionized the world of the bathroom. Led by brothers Christian and Michael Sieger, the studio develops integrated strategies and projects of brands, products and architectures for renowned international companies like Dornbracht, Duravit and Trilux. It employs a staff of specialists in the fields of communication, technology and design, favoring an interdisciplinary approach.
- We chose it because it represents an adventure in design that combines forms inspired by nature with the rigor of rational thought.
BROWSE THE GALLERY: