e are aware that design often communicates new stylistic messages as well as anticipating future trends. Although, it’s not often that an iconic chair from the fifties becomes the new muse of contemporary design. The iconic CH24 chair designed by Hans J. Wegner is perfect in this, celebrating the 110th anniversary of Carl Hansen & Søn with eight new colours as well as becoming an ode to nature too (and sustainability).
- What is it. The CH24 Wishbone Chair by Carl Hansen & Søn, the iconic chair brought back in a limited-edition.
- What is special. It’s a limited edition (available exclusively from 28 October to 31 December 2018) created to celebrate the brand’s 110th anniversary. Besides, it’s new look pays tribute to nature: 8 natural colours and a seat in hand-woven paper rope. For an exclusive sustainable message - or gift -.
- How it is made. It’s true to the original design of fifties, although it’s available in eight new colours inspired by nature: Rosy Blush, Russel Red, Deep Burgundy, Navy Blue, Oyster Grey, Forest Green, Midnight Blue, Deep Olive. The seat is made of hand-woven paper rope.
- Who is it by. The Danish designer Hans J. Wegner is one of the leading names in organic modernism, known as one of the top chair designers around the world. Perfectly combining elegance, organic shapes and functionality, his style focuses on experimenting with materials and colours to create objects with a timeless beauty.
- We like it because... It’s a design icon as well as an object that conveys an extremely current message. Its timeless style illustrates the beauty captured in the quality of an object, whereas its new super-exclusive look it reminds us that design excellence does not forget nature.