reat design seamlessly references the famous icons, re-interpreting them with subtle elegance. It delivers them to the present in a completely new appearance. This is true for Daydream by Living Divani, the daybed that draws from studying the iconic Hammock Chair by Hans Wegner.
The woven frame is the daybed’s main feature and the net’s width differs according to the weight it has to carry, granting in this way the right structural support.
Casually chic, Daydream by Living Divani is a direct result of this process, its minimalist aesthetics is perfect for a metropolitan setting.
- What is it? Daydream is a versatile daybed, suitable for indoors and out.
- What is special about it? The structural frame. Designed by Studio UNPizzo, the woven frame is made according to a traditional lace making technique and is fitted to the structural frame. Hypoallergenic and completely recyclable. The result is an object with a unique aesthetic that combines a minimalist silhouette with an intricate frame.
- How is it made? Daydream for indoors: tubular structural frame in stainless steel powder coated in epoxy gunmetal grey. The seat cushions are padded in expanded polyurethane, whereas the back cushions are in washed and sterilized down. Removable covers in either leather or fabric. Daydream for outdoors: tubular structural frame in AISI 316 stainless steel, available in a satin matt or powder coated in epoxy gunmetal grey. The seat cushions are padded in open pore polyurethane foam, whereas the back cushions have special outdoor padding. Especially designed for the outdoors, the removable upholstery is in heat-sealed waterproof fabric.
- Who is it by? Mist-o is a design duo composed by two brilliant young designers: the Italian Tommaso Nani and the Japanese Noa Ikeuchi, both born in 1983. The combination of these two aesthetics, so different yet so similar in their quest for harmony and balance, is the component of their professional and creative partnership.
- We have chosen it because? Daydream by Living Divani successfully combines minimalist design with a rich woven frame; this results in a unique and harmonious contrast.