nnovation runs parallel with the latest lamp by Martinelli Luce, recently presented at the Salone del Mobile 2019. A strip of elastic fabric that stretches from the floor to ceiling and floods the space in light.
- What is it Elastica by Martinelli Luce, a new lamp in elastic fabric.
- What is special This strip of fabric revolutionises lighting design as well as the world of decorations. Besides creating the right type of lighting (with adjustable intensity), this lamp personalises your home with colourful lines, creating new decorative patterns.
- How is it made This lamp is composed by an elastic fabric strip with a flexible circuit of LED lights (available in different colours). The lamp extends from the ceiling to the floor: you only have to pull it up and down to switch it on and off and dim the light. On one side, the LED strip diffuses the light and on the other, it decorates the space by projecting colourful lines.
- Who is it by Habits studio was established in 2004 in Milan by Innocenzo Rifino and Diego Rossi. Composed by a team of industrial designers, mechanical and electronic engineers, visual designers, architects and professionals with a multidisciplinary approach, the studio operates in different fields and thanks to its constant quest for innovation, it has won over 100 international awards, from the ADI Compasso d'Oro award to the Red Dot Award, from the German Design Award to Good Design.
- We have chosen it because… A colourful strip that extends from the floor to the ceiling and light up the room as soon as you switch it. Not to mention that this innovative and unconventional lamp is additionally capable of projecting colourful patterns into the room, creating temporary decorations for walls and floors.