ound or square, white or grey: the latest outdoor tables, whether they are for the terrace or the garden, rely on simple aesthetics and basic colours. And we are pleasantly surprised by unexpectedly light concrete furniture. A fresh and refined way of enjoying the warmer days
- What is it? Fiore by B&B Italia, the latest outdoor table series.
- What is special about it? This entire furniture series in concrete (a trend that is here to stay), manipulated so as to highlight the material’s lightness. Every table in fact has a simple and refined aesthetic that relies on soft lines, streamlined silhouettes and a velvety texture.
- How is it made? A furniture series that includes table in several shapes and sizes: round or square (with rounded edges) coffee tables or compact dining tables (75 cm or 100 cm). Especially designed to complement the Papilio chairs, the Fiore series is manufactured according a special concrete moulding process to which colourful pigments that recall the colour palette of the Papilio Shell chairs, are added.
- Who is it by? Born in 1965, in 2003 the Japanese designer Naoto Fukasawa started “Naoto Fukasawa design" in Tokyo, winning throughout the years several coveted international awards. He states: “This table is called “Fiore” because it’s surrounded by the Papilio chairs (which he designed as well for B&B Italia) in the same way is butterflies flying around a flower. I believe that Fiore combined with the Papilio chairs are perfect for enjoying a coffee or a quick bight to eat outdoors”. Elegance, simplicity, dynamism and versatility; this is what it’s all about.
- We have chosen it because… Round or square, whether it’s a coffee table or dining table, these pieces have a practical and refined type of simplicity and as the designers says “they are perfect for enjoying a coffee or a quick bight to eat outdoors”. But according to us, they are equally suited for enjoy long chats with friends, whether it’s in the garden or on the terrace.