aturally cozy, but also decidedly exclusive. The new bed designed by Matteo Nunziati for Flou is a sophisticated homage to nature, sinuous and dynamic beauty, and the vitality of wood. It is also an ode to this brand’s philosophy of master craftsmanship capable of interpreting nighttime design with a totally new allure. Indeed, Flou has always stood out for its contemporary and timeless interpretations that are capable of offering up original ideas for bedtime furniture. Just think that this year one of its iconic beds won the first Career Compasso d’Oro for its timeless style. And this bed seems to be setting itself up to become the next great classic.
- What it is Gaudí by Flou, the new bed with a natural mood.
- What makes it special It is inspired by the modernist thinking of Antoni Gaudí, who when speaking about nature said, “it has always been my teacher, the tree near my studio is my teacher.” This bed is meant to be an homage to wood and the power of nature. The special and exclusive textile manufacturing has been studied to highlight the new natural curves, giving the bed both a warm and sophisticated look. Nature is indeed the common thread in 2020’s new proposals. With outstanding natural materials and exclusive artisanal craftsmanship, they invite us to truly feel connected to the environment, while respecting and taking care of it.
- How it is made The structure is metal, while the headboard and the legs are solid wood that has been artisanally worked. The fabric that covers the frame embraces the wood and takes on its natural forms as if it were simply rested upon it. In truth, this is the fruit of a complex and detailed design study that offers us a surface without breaks in continuity and visible stitching. The headboard and base are upholstered in removable fabric, leather or eco-leather, while the mattress support is made up of adjustable slats.
- Whose idea it is Matteo Nunziati, the Italian designer born in 1972 who opened his studio in Milan in 2000. About his modus operandi he said, “The task of design is to create an object balanced between the functional and existential needs of people.” And his projects are an impeccable combination of function and beauty understood as a concrete need and not as a mere stylistic exercise.
- We chose it because… Enveloping, elegant, refined and reassuring. This bed blends concepts of comfort and beauty and interprets them with an expressive force capable of going beyond passing trends.
BROWSE THE GALLERY