unctional and flexible, elegant and lightweight, classic and contemporary, Vincent Van Duysen’s new modular seating system has all the qualities to become a long-selling product, one of those pieces that never goes out of fashion and brings a touch of class to every home.
- What is it Gregor by Molteni&C, a modular seating system for a contemporary living room.
- What is special its natural elegance and overall lightness result in a unique and special piece. Thanks to its simple and refined design, delicate and functional, it’s suitable for a diverse range of locations, from large living rooms to smaller spaces in which practicality and lightness are essential characteristics.
- How is it made: It includes rectilinear, corner and peninsula units you combine as you wish to create a system that best suits your requirements. The steel base is upholstered in leather, as well as the thin armrests that are folded similarly to wings. Alternatively, the armrest is padded in a gently-flared trapezoidal silhouette that joins the backrest, curving in an original way. The sofa is completed by cushions that are padded in different thicknesses, for top comfort.
- Who is it by: Gregorderives from an idea byVincent Van Duysen, who since 2016 is the creative director of the brands Molteni&C and Dada. Architect and designer, his projects combine aesthetic rigor and flexibility. With his furniture, Vincent Van Duysen redefines in a contemporary key the classics of the tradition, without losing sight of the functional aspect.
- We have chosen it because… Besides being practical and versatile, it brings timeless elegance to the home that transcends fashions. And it’s not hard to imagine that in time, this piece is going to become a great classic of design.