he iconic bookcase Selecta by Lema celebrates its twentieth birthday. It epitomises the modular system par excellence.
- What is it? Selecta by Lema is a bespoke modular bookcase.
- What is special about it? Selecta is modular, versatile, elegant and even innovative, but above all, this architectural piece can be customized. What's its secret? Selecta furnishes each space with mathematical precision and its not tied down by space constraints.
- How is it made? Selecta is a timber-framed modular system, supported by wall-brackets. It's available in a variety of different sizes, all of its components are highly modular and can be assembled in many different ways.
- Who is it by? The brand Lema was set up in 1970 by the Meroni family; it specializes in bespoke furniture, bringing together traditional manufacturing techniques and technical innovation.
- We have chosen it because… Selecta breakes the boundaries of conventional furniture design, converting each time into something new: a bespoke bookcase, an entertainment unit, exposed shelving, furniture for the attic or the pantry... Selecta is a timeless piece, destined to outlive any fad or fashion.