legant, light, precisely designed and with a naturalness that reveals a love for its materials: an object arrives in our bathrooms that evokes ancient Japanese design culture’s search for harmony.
- What it is Kera is a collection of ceramic countertop washbasins presented by Lago in 2019.
- What makes it special The special opaque finish of the ceramics, low edges and its unique wide and inviting shape make Kera a washbasin that gracefully gets itself noticed. Incredibly practical in its use, it surprises us for the lightness of its form matched with the boldness of its materials.
- How it is made Designed as a countertop washbasin, Kera has a rectangular shape with slightly rounded corners. Its proportions evoke those of a small washbowl. Made in ceramic—the perfect material for bathroom fixtures for its resistance, strength and hygiene—its opaque enameled finish undergoes a secondary treatment to it increase its resilience and shine. It is available in seven colors with soft and natural tones.
- Whose idea it is Kera is a project of Daniele Lago, visionary CEO of the company that bears his name. The last of ten siblings, Daniele entered the family business in 2000 with a new vision for people-centered products capable of challenging conventions. In a short time, he transformed the small artisanal business into an international design brand. Designer of all the Lago products, design is an instrument of social transformation for Daniele, one that connects culture to the meaning of objects.
- We chose it because… Kera is a washbasin whose opaque shine and delicate reflections give one the irresistible desire to touch it. It was fired at more than a thousand degrees and is extremely durable, but is able to give off an almost malleable, velvety sensation. Fortunately for us, it was made to be touched.