he metal garden chair is a classic piece that never goes out of fashion. With its simple, fluid silhouette and seat in eco-leather, Kobi Sledge Outdoor by Alias is so comfy and stylish that it’s bound to become the must-have chair for summer 2018. Nostalgics and design addicts will agree on this.
- What is it? Kobi Sledge Outdoor by Alias is a steel outdoor chair.
- What is special about it? Kobi Sledge Outdoor is a modern take on the traditional garden chair in wrought iron, often found in period homes or in granny’s backyard. With an extra oomph: it’s more comfortable than the standard and it has a weather-proof cushion.
- How is it made? Inspired by its indoor equivalent, it’s cushions in eco-leather have been especially designed to resist atmospheric agents. It has a tubular steel frame and a sled base, the entire collection that includes a stool as well, is inspired by the traditional garden chairs in iron mesh.
- Who is it by? Born in 1969 in Tours, the designer Patrick Norguet is best known for his work since the year 2000 that goes from industrial design to architectural projects. In 2006, he was awarded best the title of “best designer of the year” at Maison&Objets. The free spirit of French design, his work is guided by a quest for balance and rationality.
- We have chosen it because… Simple and lightweight, it’s a fresh take on traditional garden chairs in wrought iron with its fluid, contemporary style, guided by comfort. All you need is a chair so you can enjoy the summer on the balcony or in the chub. A chair such as this is all you need to enjoy summer, whether it’s on the balcony or in a courtyard.