y now, new products have arrived from Cersaie, Bologna: Labyrinth by Ceramiche Refin. Labyrinth is a series by Giulio Iacchetti, inspired by the Escher’s architectural drawings; it reinterprets the “traditional” white tile…
- What is it? Labyrinth is a new series of ceramic tiles, illustrated with three-dimensional graphics.
- What is special about it? Labyrinth is illustrated with graphics, inspired by classical imagery; this results in an ultra-fresh collection. You can freely mix and match different graphics together to achieve new and unique decorative patterns.
- How is it made? Ceramic tiles with 3D geometric patterns.
- Who is it by? Giulio Iacchetti for DesignTale Studio, which is Ceramiche Refin’s creative hub. Giulio Iacchetti is an industrial designer active since 1992 and since then, has received a number of different awards: Premio Nazionale dell’Innovazione (the Italian award from innovation) and two Cmpasso d’Oro awards. What’s his distinctive style? Research, innovation and constant trials and testing; this approach transforms commonplace objects into truly unconventional pieces. This specific design project was inspired by Escher and his graphic know-how and in fact, Iacchetti says “my work has been greatly inspired by him”.
- We have chosen it because… Tiles from the Labyrinth series can be assembled in a variety of different ways, drawing unique real geometric patterns. What’s more, you can decorate your home with three-dimensional patterns and let your imagination run wild…The starting point are graphics inspired by classical imagery (which never goes out of fashion); this collection reinterprets them in a fresh new way.