t was developed from a chaise longue project created by two exceptional designers, and still there is no telling where this new and continually expanding outdoor collection will go. Produced by an industry leader, the new pieces that make up the large, newly created family were unveiled during the first two furniture trade fairs of the year in Cologne and Paris. We went to take a look up-close.
- What it is Panama, the new 12-piece outdoor collection—from a daybed to stools—presented by Talenti.
- What makes it special With soft and wide forms, as smooth as stones polished by water, and woven rope that creates shadows like palm trees swaying in the sea breeze, Panama is a collection with exotic appeal that immediately evokes the most pleasant of summer climes.
- How it is made The seating of the Panama collection by Talenti—chairs, lounge armchairs, stools, daybeds, poufs and sofas—has a light (and stackable) structure made from a stitch of synthetic nautical rope, woven onto a coated aluminum frame. Weatherproof and lined with Dry Foam, the colors recall a coastal atmosphere: the beige of the sand, the red of a lobster, the graphite gray of the rocks, the yellow of the sun, the green of nature.
- Whose idea it is It carries two of the industry’s most important names: Ludovica + Roberto Palomba, among the most internationally successful design teams. Neat lines and refined aesthetics, where the past and future get blended, distinguish the products that the Milanese studio has designed for the industry’s best brands since 1994. Following Cliff in 2018 and Cruise in 2019, Panama is the third collection developed by the Palomba Serafini Associati studio for Talenti.
- We chose it because… It must be the softness of its lines, the transparency of its weaves passed through by sunrays, or perhaps the lightness of a leaf delicately laid down. Somehow the Panama collection transports us to the serenity of our most beautiful days.