ive little birds that brighten the space up, from home to terrace: this is the latest version of the iconic Birds by littala designed (starting from the ‘60s) by Oiva Toikka and updated with the ironic and pop touch of Magis in occasion of the 2018 Salone del Mobile, Milan.
- What is it? Linnut by Magis in partnership with Iittala, the latest collection of polycarbonate lamps.
- What’s special about it? Poetic and ironic, this lamp collection references an undeniable icon of design. In other words, these are iconic pieces reinterpreted with a modern twist which are sure to appeal to everyone.
- How is it made? The collection includes five little birds made of polycarbonate: Ora Sulo, Pallas, Siiri, Kirassi and Palturi, grouped under the name of Linnut - which translates birds in Finnish. Made of polycarbonate using rotational moulding technology, they are wireless and fitted with LEDs to be used wherever you are, indoors or outdoors alike. Two of the five little birds are available in two sizes.
- Who is it by? Oiva Toikka, a renowned Finnish designer and glass artist. This collection updates the blown glass Birds series designed for Iittala in the ‘70s. This is how Toikka explained his choice: “Finnish design is also about materials; what you make of it is part of your imagination”.
- We have chosen it because… it’s playful, poetic, innovative and with a warm feel: everything you need to set a “cosy” atmosphere – a term which is often used by Scandinavians- and also a stylish touch.