fresh take on traditional seating, Lovely Day is the latest sofa designed by Marc Sadler for Désirée. Lovely Day by Désirée has an extremely flexible structure, which can be assembled to suit individual needs and space requirements. Lovely Day’s secret lays in self-supporting cushions.
- What is it? Lovely Day is the latest sofa by Désiréè designed with self-supporting cushions.
- What is special about it? Self-supporting cushions replace a conventional backrest, and they can be freely assembled to suit individual needs. In fact, with a flick of the wrist, you can turn Lovely Day into a chaise-longue, conventional sofa, tête à tête sofa and even a bed.
- How is it made? Lovely Day is fitted with innovative self-supporting cushions, which can be freely assembled to construct seating in many different styles. Special patented technology sewn in the upholstery joins the cushions together, as well as providing perfect back support. Cushions are weighed-down, and this is what ties them to the seat. Plus, nonslip fabric is sewn into the bottom of each cushion; this keeps them in place, without ruining the overall aesthetics. Lovely Day can also be turned into a bed, metal support feet.
- Who is it by? French designer Marc Sadler is known for having been the pioneer of industrial aesthetics (esthetique industrielle), as well as pushing for experimentation in the field of plastics. A truly eclectic designer, Marc Sadler is constantly pushing the boundaries of conventional design with his purist aesthetics and cutting edge technology. Plus, Marc has won the Compasso d’Oro Award four times over.
- We have chosen it because… Lovely Day has the same old-world charm of vintage sofas, yet it adds a fresh perspective. And you can assemble Lovely Day to suit your individual needs: you can lay down to read a book, sit down while drinking a cup of tea, or even snuggle up while watching TV with your better half. With Lovely Day, the art of idleness has never been so sublime.