he Metamorfosi chair by Morelato is a distinctly smart piece with clean aesthetics. This is the latest by Morelato and what’s more, Metamorfosi has won the eleventh edition of the Il Mobile Significante design contest. This versatile chair becomes a functional little clothes stand and shoe rack.
- What is it? Metamorfosi by Morelato is a chair/ clothes stand.
- What is special about it? In ash wood, the Metamorfosi chair can also be used as a functional dumb waiter. In fact, by moving the two loose parts, one at the height of the backrest and the other at the base, you can turn this chair into a clothes stand and shoe rack.
- How is it made? Metamorfosi is in ash wood, it has a built-in coat hanger and two loose components, which support trousers and shoes.
- Who is it by? Born in 1991, designer Pietro Barcaccia is originally from Perugia, central Italy. His pieces have clean-cut aesthetics and are greatly inspired by the do-it-yourself scene and what’s more, he designs his own prototypes in his studio/ workshop. And the outcome are designs with a strong handmade soul, strictly functional.
- We have chosen it because… Metamorfosi is ideal for the kitchen, bedroom or entrance hall. In fact, it welcomes us home after a long day’s work, just like a proper butler would do: ready to take our coat, bag and shoes, making us feel pampered and at ease.