ome find it indispensable, others unbearable (both on and off). Then there are those who thought of framing it to give it new aesthetic appeal, or perhaps to allow us to forget it at times, leaving it on the wall like a simple mirror that reflects the comings and goings of the home.
Among the latest 2020 releases from a brand specialized in reflections, we went to take an early look at what it is.
- What it is Mirror TV is a mirror created by Riflessi to frame the wall TV—inserted in the first catalog that collects the brand’s collection of mirrors.
- What makes it special With a simple frame, Mirror TV is able to give an unexpected double purpose to the big screen TV by transforming us from spectators of an event taking place elsewhere into protagonists that get reflected in the big black screen hanging on the home wall. An experiment that can turn out to be very intriguing…
- How it is made Mirror TV is an almost flat container in which a wall TV screen gets inserted. An evolution of the home technology in the Mirror Trapezio by Riflessi, it is made up of a matte-finished aluminum casing and semi-reflective glass (6mm thick) affixed to the inclined frame.
- Whose idea it is Mirror TV is a project by Riflessi Lab, the research and development center created by Riflessi for conceiving and designing its décor in collaboration with architects, designers and engineers. This year the Abruzzo company, originally specialized in the specific production of making glass for mirrors, dedicates a separate catalog to this product type that collects both historical bestsellers and new releases from 2020.
- We chose it because…Mirror TV is a solution for transforming those big black rectangles hanging on the walls of our homes into real and true pieces of décor—despite all the efforts, improvements, design minimalization and stripped-down forms, big screens remain rather sad objects. And if framing them isn’t enough, why not pause the climactic scene of your favorite film as if it were a giant poster?
BROWSE THE GALLERY: