he name pays homage to a famous and ancient samurai and their armor design; Elena Salmistrro then translates it with poetical transparencies, interlocking and the overlapping of blown glass and crystal. Thus, the traditional living-room coffee table becomes a unique, bold and dreamy piece—one which is ready to make its debut at the Salone del Mobile 2022.
- What it is Miya by Cappellini, the new blown-glass coffee table.
- What makes it special Freely inspired by Japanese samurai armor (the name comes from a famous samurai), it has a sculptural and poetic form which plays with the overlapping of colors and forms. The interlocking of the pieces is a genuine manufacturing achievement. Making its debut at the Salone del Mobile 2022, it will be available in three variants.
- How it is made It is a living-room coffee table in transparent glass which welcomes a colorful blown-glass structure and an interlocking top made of an extra-light crystal plate coupled with coating in the center. It is available in various combinations and colors, from cobalt blue to emerald green in two sizes and heights.
- Whose idea it is Elena Salmistraro, the Italian designer who always combines art and design in her projects, curating forms and details to create a poetic, colorful and distinctive style. Her mission is to bring out emotions: each object and project has a strong, refined and humorous expressive language with an artistic look. Following a proven collaboration with Cappellini for the layout of the showroom, Miya is the first true product she has designed for the brand.
- We chose it because… It is sinuous, soft, delicate, strong and bold. Plus, it perfectly combines an artistic spirit with craftsmanship and the ability to turn a simple object into a singular piece.
BROWSE THE GALLERY