icero would say “leisure with dignity”. In fact, it takes just one quick look at this sofa to instantly grasp the timeless art of idleness. Sunk into the sinuous curves of this island of comfort, all that remains is to give in—without guilt—to this most noble activity.
- What it is Noonu by B&B Italia, the new system of relaxation.
- What makes it special It gets its name from the atoll of the Maldives’ archipelago. Indeed, this system is a true island of relaxation. With ample dimensions and a retractable structure, this modular sofa seems almost suspended in mid-air and offers absolute comfort.
- How it is made The supporting structure is hidden by the cushions of the deep seats that almost seem suspended in mid-air. The system includes four elements (a square, a rectangle, a “piano” and a “sail” element) with a metal profile base made from curved aluminum that is bright brushed, black chrome or pewter grey painted. The upholstery is set to be available in leather and a fabric with 12 color variants in solid colors and mélanges of neutral hues.
- Whose idea it is Antonio Citterio, the “measured” designer who expresses luxury as pure minimalism. An Italian architect born in 1950, he founded his studio, Antonio Citterio Patricia Viel, in 2000 and collaborates with the leading Italian and international design companies. Many of his objects are on display in the most important museums throughout the world. He has won many international awards including two Compasso d’Oro (in 1987 and 1994). His approach to design is closely linked to the concept of habitat and is centered on the functional and spatial with a minimalism that plays upon quality, refinement and functionality.
- We chose it because…With deep seats, sinuous forms and a structure that disappears to almost create a genuine island, Citterio recreates the perfect balance of the most refined comfort that exists between dream and functionality.
BROWSE THE GALLERY
WATCH THE VIDEO
Ask the best stores on the Designbest network for information and prices