hat do you think might happen, if a designer the calibre of Nendo starts looking at stream pebbles? The answer is Okome by Nendo for Alias. Okome by Alias is a modular sofa with a fresh young style, perfect for modern day living.
- What is it? Okome is a modular seating range by Alias.
- What is special about it? Okome isn’t manufactured with a load-bearing frame, its 20 modular units can be assembled in endless ways, adapting to any décor and space requirement.
- How is it made? Okome doesn’t have a load-bearing structure, its 20 modular units can be freely assembled. Units are in different shapes and sizes, and resemble stream pebbles. Okome includes large cushions, elongated backrest, armrest and footstool.
- Who is it by? Best-known as Nendo, designer Oki Sato has been in the business since 2002 and now works from three different offices around the world (Singapore, Tokyo and Milan). A favourite with top international and Italian brands, Nendo’s unique design style brings together clean aesthetics with a streamlined silhouette, inspired by traditional Oriental design.
- We have chosen it because… Okome is a new breed of sofa with poetic aesthetics. Plus, you can assemble it to suit all your needs and space requirements, constantly updating your living room.