ncreasingly more popular, the Japanese philosophy Ikigai helps you live a happy life. It’s common knowledge that Origami is the traditional Japanese art of paper folding. What do they have in common with a radiator? According to us they have a lot in common, as Origami by Tubes is folded in the same way as a piece of paper (an Origami, precisely), complementing an elegant and welcoming space in the perfect way.
- What is it? Origami by Tubes, the electric radiator folded in the same way as an Origami.
- What is special about it? You can fold it again and again as you would do with a piece of paper, easy to move around and you can use it to divide an open-plan space too. Plus, this “plug&play” design-led radiator is extremely energy efficient and built with cutting edge technology.
- How is it made? Origami’s sophisticated electronics are built for maximum efficiency: the “touch” control turns the radiator on and off as well as having three different temperature settings, which you can adjust to suit your needs. Origami by Tubes is available in three different styles that can be fitted with different accessories: the freestanding version has rolling units that turn the radiator into a proper room divider; the wall-mounted version – with one or two units – which you can use as a sliding heated towel rack and a totem-pole-like version, which is effectively a chic, simple freestanding radiator.
- Who is it by? Throughout his career, the Italian designer Alberto Meda has won several Compasso d’Oro awards (beside other coveted international awards). His motto? “Less form, more ideas”. His style can be summed up in three words: lightness, versatility and flexibility. In fact, of Origami Alberto says: “this piece was inspired by a need to design a simple object with a clear, fluid shape. Nowadays, we surround ourselves with familiar objects, pieces with a clear as well as dynamic appearance”.
- We have chosen it because… We’ve always been attracted to the art of Origami, yet we would never have thought it could inspire a radiator. Origami by Tubes has a poetic appeal that brings to mind a butterfly that gently lays on the wall, a freestanding totem-pole-like structure for your living room or a screen for your bedroom. Elegant, versatile and lightweight, we cannot possibly live without even with the warmer weather.