legance is a matter of style…and practicality too. You only need to take a look at this chest of drawers: sculptural, totem pole-like, bold and extraordinary, it’s a functional treasure chest/ glass cabinet. It guards your precious belongings and accessories, as well as stylishly handing you over the times you require within your reach.
- What is it Overlooking by Exto, a new chest of drawers in solid wood.
- What is special about it It interprets the traditional chest of drawers in a contemporary way, transforming it into a bold decorative piece. Although, its most stylish feature is represented by its extraordinary practicality. Who would have guessed in fact that the handles transform into practical shelves.
- How is it made It’s in solid Canaletto walnut, available either unvarnished or lacquered in a choice of several colours. It has ten drawers and lateral handles assembled with a comb joint that extend the entire length of the drawers and act as shelves too (they are integrated with a tray and a bowl). It’s part of a collection that includes a bedside table and a wall-mounted writing desk with drawers that you are able to customize.
- Who is it by Lorenzo Damiani is an Italian designer born in 1972. A graduate from the Polytechnic of Milan, throughout the years Lorenzo has won several coveted international awards such as the Compasso d’Oro and the Good Design Award. His design style pushes the boundaries of materials and conventional design, producing everyday objects that are extraordinarily practical.
- We have chosen it because… It’s a tiny piece of architecture, a totem pole-like structure that refreshes the style of a standard chest of drawers and it’s extraordinarily practical too: you are able to store all your belongings in its deep drawers and for the times you’d like to have within your reach? The handles transform into shelves for keys, glasses, wallets and jewellery.