uring the last edition of Maison&Objet in Paris, Pipistrello, the cult lamp by Martinelli Luce, received a facelift: Pipistrello Titanium, a new version in black titanium. And once again, it’s a crowd pleaser. We are sure this new look is exactly what you were waiting for.
- What is it? The Pipistrello Titanium lamp by Martinelli Luce.
- What is special about it? Pipistrello Titanium is aesthetically pleasing and strong in character. This is a great addition to last year’s edition in gold, which came out to celebrate its anniversary. And what’s more, its new titanium look charms us with innate elegance and sense of style.
- How is it made? Diffused lighting, height adjustable telescopic stem, diffuser in opal-white methacrylate and base and knob in titanium-coloured PVD (physical vapour deposition). Like in past editions, Pipistrello Titanium is available in a standard size, as well as in a smaller scale.
- Who is it by? Gae Aulenti is the undisputed queen of Italian design and even if decades have passed since her designs first came out, she still receives great praise. Her pieces are best known for their timeless aesthetics, which draw inspiration from the Art Nouveau movement and have a slight sense of irony. Gae Aulenti on architecture: “you need to know how to build things which last in time”. Both small and large scale projects, are the perfect example of this way of thinking.
- We have chosen it because… Pipistrello is a true design icon; this is a cult piece which will never go out of fashion. It’s impossible not keep loving it, especially because Pipistrello is always coming out with fresh new looks. And we like Pipistrello Titanium, because it shows off its new skin in a truly feminine way; this is the latest in chic.