To produce everyday objects for everyone’s use, make things lighter not heavier, softer not harder, inclusive rather than exclusive, generate energy, light and space…” Japser Morrison’s mission could not be made clearer. It is an idea that has been welcomed with open arms by an innovative and dynamic company, one that for decades has been a reference point for Made In Italy design.
- What it is Plato is an indoor and outdoor chair produced by Magis in 2019.
- What makes it special Lightness and simplicity are the key words of Plato: a chair with rigorous and minimalist lines of neoclassical inspiration, appealing for its harmonious and elegant proportions.
- How it is made Plato is a stackable chair with or without armrests in aluminum. Its seat and backrest are one piece (die-cast aluminum) made up of seven cuts, wide enough to be comfortable and functional at the same time, made in a resistant polyester-painted aluminum. The color array comes in six tonalities: green, silver, blue, white, black and red.
- Whose idea it is Plato is a project of Jasper Morrison, the London designer who since 1986—the year he opened his first studio in London—has been surprising us with his “super normal” philosophy: understated, useful and responsible design with simple and timeless forms. Honored with countless awards, he has worked between London and Paris for a number of years for the most important international design companies. Plato is his fifth project for Magis.
- We chose it because… Plato is one of those pieces of furniture that doesn’t get left behind, even on your eighth time changing homes. In a perfect balance of form and function, it is comfortable and light, versatile and robust. We can use it on the balcony or garden and stack it when it is not needed.
Moreover, how can we go against Plato, the ancient Greek philosopher and pillar of Western philosophy, from which it takes its name?