An exclusive carpet is what it takes to create a "de luxe" Christmas atmosphere. And we fell in love with this model, a true one-off piece knotted entirely by hand that interprets the classic pompom and transforms it into a collector's item of furniture.
- What is it Pompon by Nodus, a carpet in hand-knotted wool.
- What is special Whether it’s the bright colour or the pompom-like shape, the fact remains that according to us it’s the perfect Christmas carpet. Perfect for a festive living room and to create additional warmth in the bedroom too.
- How is it made It’s in hand-knotted wool, made in India. It has a diameter of 200 cm, although several other sizes are available. It’s a unique, exclusive piece, similarly to the over 100 carpets that are part of the Nodus collection: a collection that brakes the boundaries of conventional design as it produces carpets in unique colours and shapes. Besides, all the pieces of the collection are made according to the traditional manufacturing techniques of six countries around the world (Pakistan, India, Nepal, China, Turkey and Turkmenistan) combined with the creativity of the top international designers, abiding by principles of fair-trade.
- Who is it by The French designer Matali Crasset identifies design with pure research that satisfies everyday needs and at the same time, looks towards the future. She first began working with Denis Santachiara and Philippe Stark and subsequently opened her own design studio in Paris. Here, her work revolves around her naïve interpretation of the world, well-informed and educated nonetheless. Her projects are in fact a combination of poetic creativity, contemporary functionality and futuristic visions.
- We have chosen it because… At a first glance, it could be mistaken for a huge pompom and it brings instant festive cheer. Besides, this carpet is a handmade, one-of-a-kind piece that combines traditional manufacturing techniques, contemporary design and artistic experimentation. A real work of art.