uspended mid air, a golden circle that draws a circle of light: we fell in love with this lamp as soon as we set eyes on it at the Salone del Mobile 2019. In fact, as soon as you look at it, it seduces you with its magical poetry.
- What is it Siro by Oluce, a new table lamp.
- What is special If you look at it from the front it appears practically flat, two-dimensional, magically balancing on the top. On the other hand, in profile it’s the perfect section of a sphere, which with a clean cut draws an essential and pure geometry. Design and poetry meet and the effect is decidedly spectacular.
- How is it made It’s constructed with a lens and a front disc that releases, through a very thin source of LED light, an internal oblique light. When seen from the front, the lamp appears practically two-dimensional and creates the illusion of balancing on the plane. It is available in two sizes and in two finishes: satin bronze or satin gold, with the internal curve of the cap in white.
- Who is it made Marta Perla is a young, emerging designer, a recent graduate from the undergraduate course in Product Design at IED in Rome. The lamp chosen by Oluce was designed as part of her dissertation.
- We have chosen it because… The perfection of the shapes, the simplicity of a pure design, the magic of an optical illusion that changes the proportions and volumes (depending on the perspective): this lamp sees light as a magic game not only when it is on, but when it is off too.