uspended mid air, a golden circle that draws a circle of light: we fell in love with this lamp as soon as we set eyes on it. In fact, as soon as you look at it, it seduces you with its magical poetry.
- What is it Siro by Oluce, a new table lamp.
- What is special If you look at it from the front it appears practically flat, two-dimensional, magically balancing on the top. On the other hand, in profile it’s the perfect section of a sphere, which with a clean cut draws an essential and pure geometry. Design and poetry meet and the effect is decidedly spectacular.
- How is it made It’s constructed with a lens and a front disc that releases, through a very thin source of LED light, an internal oblique light. When seen from the front, the lamp appears practically two-dimensional and creates the illusion of balancing on the plane. It is available in two sizes and in two finishes: satin bronze or satin gold, with the internal curve of the cap in white.
- Who is it made Marta Perla is a young, emerging designer, a recent graduate from the undergraduate course in Product Design at IED in Rome. The lamp chosen by Oluce was designed as part of her dissertation.
- We have chosen it because… The perfection of the shapes, the simplicity of a pure design, the magic of an optical illusion that changes the proportions and volumes (depending on the perspective): this lamp sees light as a magic game not only when it is on, but when it is off too.