arm days are on their way out and we can finally open the windows to enjoy our garden and terrace. A longing for relaxing outdoors has rapidly grown on us, so what’s better than to sink in a chair, the epitome of creativity, ergonomics and material research?
- What is it? Kilt is a chair by Ethimo suitable for outdoor use.
- What is special about it? Highly comfortable, it has an all-embracing backrest which combines contemporary aesthetics with a retro touch. It’s named after the traditional dress of men in the Scottish Highlands which also symbolizes the strength required for outdoor seating.
- How is it made? Is has a stainless steel frame, also available in teak. Seat and back are made of woven rope. It is stackable and adapts to any weather condition.
- Who is it by? It is designed by Marcello Ziliani, a Milanese architect born in 1963. He graduated from the Polytechnic of Milan, where he learnt from renowned Italian designer Achille Castiglioni. After three years abroad, he comes back to Italy and works on a variety of projects ranging from interior design (namely lighting, bathroom and home office) to graphic design and communication. Broad-minded and open to new ideas, he believes that every project “is a wish that needs to fly in order to become reality”.
- We have chosen it because...It’s lightweight, versatile and durable. With its woven band wrapping around the curved back of the chair like a kilt, this chair has the balanced beauty that suits perfectly any outdoor space. Plus, don’t you think it would be great indoors too?