or our most precious moments comes the new edition of a project with sober and refined elegance, and intimate and welcoming comfort. It is a product that is the result of a magical combination between a brand who has always distinguished itself for its timeless, classic and contemporary style, and a designer who has been at work for almost fifty years making history in Italian design. We went to take a sneak peek and find out what it is all about.
- What it is Amoenus Soft is the new version of the Amoenius seating collection which was presented by Maxalto for the first time in 2006.
- What makes it special Its name Amoenus refers to the Latin expression indicating a serene place far from any type of chaos and tension. The curvilinear backrest is what makes this happy place a reality by extending its sides until they become the armrests. It envelops the sofa (and its occupants) in a great big hug.
- How it is made Amoenus Soft comes in a linear and round revolving version. The compact base, a solid steel structure, is closed on the lower edge by an aluminum strip made in different finishes. The seat is made up of a single upholstered cushion with shaped polyurethane of different density (shaped polyurethane and sterilized down). On the curvilinear upholstered backrest there are tall goose down cushions and a second round of cushions that make the seat particularly comfortable. The linear sofa has two depths (90 and 115 cm), while the external diameter of the round sofa is 170 cm. The covers are available in a removable fabric cover (with eco-leather profiles) or leather with envelope stitching.
- Whose idea it is Amoenus Soft is a project designed by Antonio Citterio, the historical art director of the Maxalto brand. Architect and designer, Citterio opened his studio in 1972 even before graduating from the Politecnico di Milano. Between 1987 and 1996 he was partnered with Terry Dwan, with whom he made buildings in Europe and Japan. In 2000 he and Patrica Viel founded the international design company with which he continues to develop projects of every dimension. He has collaborated with the most well-known design brands including B&B, Boffi, Flexform, Flos, Kartell and Vitra. Winner of numerous prizes including two Compassi d’Oro (1987 and 1996), Citterio is a professor of architectonic design at the Academy of Architecture in Mendrisio, Switzerland.
- We chose it because… Starting with the appeal of its name evoking joyous and harmonious places that invites us to let go of our thoughts and give in to hours of leisure, Amoenus Soft is a picture of outstretched arms that welcome and embrace us with elegant gentleness.
BROWSE THE GALLERY: