he iconic Seattle tower constructed in 1962 is transformed into a spectacular, futuristic lamp, portable as well. It makes the perfect gift as it lights up the days of your architect friend, the time-off of the modern aesthete as well as your most intimate moments.
- What is it Space by Kartell, a table lamp inspired by the Space Needle in Seattle.
- What is special It pays tribute to the Space needle, the tower known for having re-designed the skyline of Seattle. Simple yet sculptural, it’s perfect for an original and practical gift.
- What is it made Its lampshade is available in either clear or colourful PMMA and its body is in metallic ABS available in four different colours (gold, copper, titanium and chrome). The lamp is turned on by touching the top of the lampshade. Light and rechargeable, it has a life of 8 hours and you are able to move it wherever you want, indoors and out.
- Who is it made The interior designer Adam D. Tihany was born in Transylvania and raised in Israel. A citizen of the world, Adam studied in Milan and around Europe before moving to New York where in 1978 he opened his multidisciplinary practice. With a focus on hospitality design, especially top-quality restoration, his work includes the interior design of commercial as well as residential projectes, furniture manufacture, graphic design and exhibition design.
- We have chosen it because… It’s striking architectural silhouette is so dramatic to be bewitching when turned off too. Besides, you are able to turn it on by touching it, it’s rechargeable (it has a life of 8 hours) and you are able to use it indoors as well as outside. It’s exactly the right lamp for the ideal intimate mood.