ithout a doubt, a director’s chair is a timeless classic, a piece which never goes out of fashion. And this is why, Stanley designed by Philippe Starck for Magis is such a huge hit: ultra-modern, lightweight, foldable and extremely comfy. Perfect anywhere you want, especially outdoors, be it a tiny balcony or a large garden.
- What is it? Stanley by Magis is a folding director’s chair.
- What is special about it? Stanley is a fresh take on a traditional director’s chair; this design focuses on ground breaking technology and superior quality materials. Stanley is perfect for the contemporary home, top marks in practicality.
- How is it made? Foldable frame in glass fibre-polypropylene, seat and back in fabric or leather.
- Who is it by? French iconic architect Philippe Starck started as a self-tought designer, rapidly becoming one of the top names on the international scene. Philippe Starck is best known for constantly pushing the boundaries of conventional design, ironic aesthetics, distinct creativity (passed down by his father, an aeronautical engineer); this has earned him the title of “enfant terrible" of the design industry. He still designs fresh young pieces, full of character and sass.
- We have chosen it because… A director’s chair never goes out of fashion. And Stanley has something more than the rest; this is why it was love at first sight. The perfect blend of practicality and design value, a real must for the summer to come.