t’s a stool, but also a chair and even a table, and you can move it wherever you wish. This compact seat was made to transform any home corner into a mini and comfortable studio. It’s even perfect for the outdoors. We are already thinking about putting it under the porch, on the veranda or terrace.
- What is it? Stool-Tool by Vitra, the stool made by a chair with an incorporated table.
- What’s special about it? At first glance it looks like a stool, in reality it’s a chair with an incorporated table. Monolithic, stackable, light and resistant, according to us it is the multifunctional piece of furniture perfect for all the metropolitan nomads and to whoever wishes for an office corner in a studio flat, in a kid’s bedroom and even on the terrace.
- How’s it made? It has a monolithic shape and a crevice that serves as grip (in order to easily move it). Versatile and stackable, it’s in coloured plastic with a bench backseat that serves as a working top or as a seat.
- Who is it by? Konstantin Grcic, German designer first known as a cabinetmaker that founded his design studio in 1991 and immediately became one of the most influential figures in the business. Stern, unique, with character: his style doesn’t allow mince words. The result are projects that always communicate something because, as he claims “an object of true quality stops being just matter and form” and, with its personality, becomes part of our lives.
- We have chosen it because… It’s a space saver that is able to reinvent itself and reinvent every home corner (and not only). It can be easily moved, it’s stackable in a corner, it’s easily cleanable and can be used either indoors or outdoors. It takes one to create a studio to work anywhere (even on the balcony), adding a few here is a mini metropolitan living room where one can chat outdoors with friends.