ith a slender silhouette, an austere appearance, a tapered form and minimalist structure the sofa designed by Piero Lissoni for Living Divani is an homage to the essence of haute couture elegance. However, it comes with an unexpected detail that makes it unique and even more exclusive: an incredibly curved base. Large, welcoming, light and dynamic, this pleasantly concave sofa is, as Lissoni defines it “exaggerated and impossible, it is like a Japenese haiku, complete from the first to the last letter”. And like a haiku it poetically redefines new dimensions of relaxation.
- What it is Sumo by Living Divani, the new sofa with a concave base.
- What makes it special Its style is stripped-down, almost austere, and still it is surprising. Its lightly concave base breaks traditional aesthetics and mixes forms and volumes by designing a new concept of relaxation, leaving us suspended in perfect balance, cradled in an enveloping and sophisticated atmosphere.
- How it is made It has a curved and tapered structure that was inspired by the light dynamism of an airplane wing, and is sustained by stripped-down metallic legs. The seat and backrest are padded and upholstered in fabric or leather and finished off with large cushions. It is available as a two or three-seater or daybed.
- Whose idea it is Piero Lissoni, the Italian architect and designer who has made minimalism his signature touch. A designer who thinks outside the box, he turns away from the obligatory relationship between form and function by favoring discrete forms that sometimes have slightly mistaken proportions and an exclusive and timeless elegance. All of his projects hide in-depth research into technology and materials behind their apparent simplicity.
- We chose it because… As Lissoni puts it “Sumo is a paradox, a folly” because it was born from a curve and unites the strength of Sumo fighter with the airy, light and delicate elegance of an airplane wing. And still, the structure that seems to float in the void, together with the large cushions, offers us infinite varieties of comfort.
WATCH THE VIDEO
BROWSE THE GALLERY