t the Salone del Bagno 2018, design and innovation invent new forms of heated towel rails. Like the new totem by Matteo Thun: minimal and extremely rigorous, it transforms heat into a high-tech free-standing sculpture. In perfect metropolitan style.
- What is it? Tower is the brand-s latest free-standing radiator and it succeeds the extremely popular Serie T, in fact it shares the same simple aluminium frame and clean aesthetics. This is simplicity in the purest sense.
- What is special about it? Clean and simply, this architectural structure that commands the entire space, defining its identity. In any living room, it turns a standard radiator in a moment for beauty.
- How is it made? It’s in aluminium, available in over 200 different colours. T Tower was especially designed to radiate heat through power and water supply. 170x14x22cm, the electric version is fitted with a special round satin-finish stainless steel base. Thanks to a unique towel rack, T Tower becomes the perfect decorative bathroom radiator.
- Who is it by? T Tower – the latest in the Serie T radiators - is designed by Matteo Thun and Antonio Rodriguez of Studio Matteo Thun & Partners. Architect and designer, Matteo Thun was born in Bolzano in 1952, he studied at the Academy of Salzburg with Oskar Kokoschka and at the University of Florence. Co-founder of the Memphis group with the unforgettable Ettore Sottsass, he was a partner of Sottsass Associati from 1980 to 1984. In the same year he opened his own studio in Milan and in 2001 after meeting Luca Colombo and the Spanish Antonio Rodriguez, Matteo Thun & Partners was born. Rodriguez has been the brand’s chief product designer since 2003.
- We have chosen it because? T Tower is a real decorative piece. It’s ground breaking as it breaks from the traditional wall mounted radiator, becoming a three-dimensional piece of architecture. Superior quality, elegance, functional design and attention to detail are what make T Tower an original radiator with a strong identity.