tools are practical, comfortable, fun as well as pretty, yet do we know of truly refined, elegant ones that are as light as if they were inspired by hi-tech? Magis has addressed this need, a “Made in Italy” brand that for years has been a part of the permanent collections of the most important design museums around the world, with the Troy stool, the new addition to this popular collection designed in 2010 by the award winning Dutch designer Marcel Wanders.
- What is it: It’s an elongated stool with a backrest ideal for living rooms, available in three different heights and finishes.
- What’s special: The hi-tech-effect, lightweight and elegant structure is combined with luxury finishes, golden or copper, in steel or painted in polyester with an elegant seat in wood or polypropylene, assembled as you wish.
- How is it made: The frame is made of folded steel rebars in two different thicknesses. They are thicker for the legs, thinner for the joint that under the seat, stabilises the thin frame. The tallest stools have a bar that acts as a footrest. The seat that joins the seat and the backrest in one single piece, is in either beech plywood or moulded polypropylene, available in white, black or upholstered in Divina by Kvadrat.
- Who is it by: Marcel Wanders, the eclectic Dutch designer that never ceases to amaze us. Since the iconic Knotted chair designed in 1996 for Cappellini, his rise to the firmament of the design world has been unstoppable. Besides the Troy series, Marcel has designed for Magis the Cyborg chairs and the Little Flare kids’ table.
- We have chosen it because… Thanks to its refined design and sought-after finishes, once and for all Troy shakes off that slightly bar-like, ultra-resistant and battle-like air. Light and thin, Troy acquires a new elegance and gains its rightful place in a modern and refined living room.