he dim lights, the music in the background… What else do you need to imagine a perfect evening, alone or in company? A lantern like this: portable, with adjustable light and able to spread a perfect sound wherever it is, even on the terrace.
- What is it? Uma Sound Lantern by Pablo Designs, the LED lantern with surround shad.
- What’s special about it? It’s a wireless portable lamp, with adjustable light, that can be used both indoors and outdoors, which makes it a great accessory for summer evenings. But it’s not all, the lantern is also a high-quality speaker. This combination undeniably makes it the must-have object for summer 2018.
- How is it made? It’s a portable lantern that combines the regulation technology of WarmDim’s LED light with the 360° high fidelity surround shad. Can be used either indoors or outdoors, it has a leather grip, touch control of the volume and Bluetooth connection, in order to transmit the music wirelessly through any associated mobile device. The battery has an 8-hour run time, while the light intensity is adjustable thanks to the ring on the upper part of the lantern.
- Who is it by? Pablo Pardo and Carmine Deganello, the first is a Venezuelan industrial designer, the latter an experimental designer based in Milan (who loves working on maternity). Both design putting the relationships between environment and people in first place, the results are innovative yet smart solutions.
- We have chosen it because… It reminds of the classic lanterns (with all their retro charm) but hides a smart technology that transforms it in a cult object for the soon-to-be summer (and for the following ones). Because in the best time of the year there can’t be the perfect atmosphere without the right light and the right sound.