imple, but innovative: a kitchen piece ahead of its time that combines design and technology. It transforms the classic sink into a new and original piece of home décor.
- What it is Up by Scarabeo, the antibacterial ceramic sink.
- What makes it special Innovative, but with an eye towards tradition, it becomes the kitchen’s true centerpiece. It was awarded the IF Design Award 2019 for its forward-thinking style, design, and ability to transform a traditional sink into an original piece of décor.
- How it is made It is a ceramic sink with a raised edge that marks the washing area from an extension that expands to the countertop. The edge has a small gap that lets water flow into the sink, while the extension acts as a support surface, dish rack or even cutting board. Up is available in a recessed version with one or two sinks and equipped with the innovative Scarabeo Bio System, an anti-bacterial system that allows for hygienic and easy-to-clean ceramics.
- Whose idea it is Studio EMO Design, the international design studio founded in 2008, made up of a team of experts and designers collaborating in various fields. Specialized in industrial and product design, the studio has three locations: Italy, China and Poland.
- We chose it because…Its design is simple and yet it hits the mark as it transforms a traditional sink into a touch of style. Not forgetting that, thanks to its innovative surface treatment, it guarantees the maximum in hygiene and cleanliness, twenty-four seven.