ith simple geometric shapes and bright colours, Inga Sempé transforms antique Venetian mirrors in a vibrant mix of design and contemporary art.
- What is it Vitrail by Magis, decorative mirrors.
- What is special They are inspired by antique Venetian mirrors. As a result, Vitrail won the Wallpaper Design Award 2019 for the innovation of its decorations.
- How are they made It’s constructed with pieces of glass in different colours and size, hold together by a frame in injection moulded rubber. It’s available in four different sizes (and in eight different colours) that you alternatively hang horizontally, vertically or diagonally.
- Who is it by Inga Sempé is a Parisian designer from a well-known family of artists. Graduated from the ENSCI Atelier in 1993, throughout the years she has worked in partnership with several design and architecture practices, opening her own office in Paris in 2000. In 2003, Inga won the Grand Prize of Creation awarded by the city of Paris and she currently worked with several international firms. What’s her style? A combination of poetical inspirations, harmonious silhouettes, elegant functionality and simplicity above all.
- We have chosen it because… Vitrail by Magis is Inga Sempé’s interpretation of the antique Venetian mirrors. A sort of Mondian-style puzzle that transforms a standard mirror into a decorative piece with a strong visual impact.